Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Mar 24, 2009

A little emergency change...

Emergency mode was VmwAROS' unique feature that allowed people using a older kernel too boot the system on incompatible hardware, using a very old version that simply didn't know anything about newer controllers. This very old kernel, however, has become completely useless, since it proved to be incompatible with many improvements AROS has got in the meanwhile. Last time I tried it, it wasn't even able to boot from DVD, so I decided it was time to move on. Instead of thrashing the whole "emergency mode", I re-worked it to use VmwAROS 1.0's kernel. I took this decision, because there are many people that could boot VmwAROS 1.0 flawlessly, but not 1.0.2 or current builds. This should help those users to boot Icaros Desktop 1.1 with ease. I'm really sorry for people with unsupported hardware, but the old emergency mode wouldn't work anyway. I hope AROS developers will find a solution also for them.

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot