Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Nov 6, 2020

Windows volumes now get a good icon

Windows hosted mode is getting some love. When started this way, Icaros mounted all the Windows volumes it found without giving them a proper icon, using Wanderer and Magellan default disk icons for them. Well, I've added some icons for this purpose to Storage/Icons and the S:mount-hosted script now copies the Windows one on the root of the drive if there isn't any.


I may also consider writing a Lua tool to assign icons to drives in the future, which may be helpful not only in hosted mode, but also for USB drives used with native Icaros installations. But for now I'd prefer to improve Windows hosted mode before the official release of version 2.3. If you look very well at the screenshot, by the way, you should spot two new def_files, the former for ISO files and the latter for LNK ones. At the moment I can use them on Magellan only (which is far simple to use, in terms of file/application assignment), while for Wanderer I should compile datatypes, and unluckily this is something I never learnt how to do. My bad.



Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot