Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Jan 25, 2023

Accessing modern Windows shares

I can't deny Icaros Desktop, for the last 2 years, got a lesser priority in my schedule. Some other projects and real life events drew my attention far away from this distribution, but I never stopped lurking into Amiga forums and still followed AROS developments, downloading new stuff from time to time and finding some hours to keep the distro's software base updated. But recent efforts by Deadwood and the release of interesting 3rd party software has renewed my interest, in particular the new SMB2/3 client for Windows 7 (and upwards) network shares. Unfortunately, it didn't come with a graphic tool to configure shares and AROS' current Network prefs application does not support it. So, in the meanwhile, I have started coding a little tool in LUA to add new shares to AROS environment. It will not be intended as a full manager (I am afraid I haven't the necessary skills to create one), but it already performs the fairly simple task of adding new device definition files to Devs:DOSDrivers. If it won't be superseded by a more complete configuration tool by someone else, I will include it in next Icaros releases. 



Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot