|OWB playing YouTube videos on AROS|
|Writing to a NTFS partition|
+ Youtube, Vimeo and other similar sites are now supported (HTML5 video)
- Updated DirectoryOpus 5 "Magellan" to latest release
- Updated FPC and PortablE to latest release
- Added a lot of development libraries
- Added GoogleDrive Handler (allows read only access)
- Added configuration tool for GoogleDrive handler
- Added Filesysbox library
- Added NTFS-3G handler (supports Windows NTFS partitions up to Windows 10/2016)
- Added EX-FAT handler (for larger, modern VFAT volumes)
- Improved help pictures for Magellan interface
- Added SNUG HTTP server to network startup daemons
+ you can now access MyWokspace files with a browser
- Enhanced AmiBridge's "Amiga as a service"
|Ignition M68K running on x86 desktop|
- Updated FPC to latest release
- Updated ZuneView to latest release
- Cleaned up GRUB2 boot menu
- Restored "complete" user manual and updated to v2.1
- Applications: updated Amath, EdiSyn, metaDiary, RPNScientific
- Benchmarks: added Water, updated GLMark
- New Demoscene folder in Extras with Fract and Timeless
- Design: fixed GrafX2, updated ThemeEdit
- Filesystem: updated Scalos, Unarc
- Games: updated/fixed Ri-Li, added RotateGear, Skunks (OpenGL)
- Media editors: added FFMPEG, ImageMagick
- Misc: added meteData, RFT-Riddle
- Networking: added toram
- Updated AROS system files to Jan 6th, 2016
|Ri-Li working again out of the box|
As usual, Icaros Desktop 2.1 comes into two different sizes. Icaros Desktop Light is tailored for a single CD-ROM or a 1 GB sized pendrive. It includes the core system files and mandatory software. Icaros Desktop Live! includes everything from the Light version, and adds all the best applications for AROS, with ton of games, emulators, editors, players and artistry.
Current Icaros Desktop 2.0.3 users may follow these steps to perform a reliable upgrade to 2.1. Please notice some features might not be available to "updaters": as usual, for instance, GRUB boot menu won't be modified by LiveUpdater.
|Snug HTTP server may run at startup as a service. You can access files from MyWorkspace|
with any browser on the local network.
|GoogleDrive handler with Icaros' own configuration tool. You won't find it anywhere else!|
|GrafX2 version 2.4 working again on Icaros Desktop.|
|"Timeless" demo (included) working in its own screen (now in the background)|
Icaros Desktop is free but donations are very welcome! The mantainer urgently needs a new monitor since the one of the main development system has broken. With your help, he will buy a new, larger one, which will significantly improve his coding skills!
(well, no, it won't improve his coding skills, but at least he will see what's doing, thank you).