- more polished output, using ZUnZip for update pack decompression
- existing kernel is now zipped and archived into sys:Arch/old-kernel directory
- all files in S get copied, user-startup is backupped into S:user-startup.LUPD-backup
- added updating of L drawer. It wasn't updated before
- LiveUpdater shouldn't show pointless error messages anymore, about files it could not find
- Fixed some other bugs here and there
- Fixed handling of S:user-startup that wasn't working in version 1.8
> Download LiveUpdater v1.8a (20 KB)
Just extract LUPD18a.ZIP file to any directory on your filesystem (RAM: might be a good place) and start the LUPD18a-Install script, either with the 'execute' command, or double-clicking on its icon. It will overvwrite older LiveUpdater version with the new one.
(*) What would happen if I'd update Icaros with LiveUpdater 1.8 and not 1.8a?
Nothing really bad. You should, however, manually delete S:User-Startup after installation, or many system programs like GUI, AmiStart, AmiBridge that Icaros runs at startup, would be launched twice (S:Icaros-Sequence would be executed both from S:startup-sequence and S:user-startup, since in Icaros 2.0.1 we've moved the 'execute S:icaros-sequence' command from the latter to the former). LiveUpdater 1.8 does not correctly handle updating S/ files, while 1.8a does.