Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Mar 30, 2011

Problems with download server solved, and more

As many of you probably noticed, the primary download/imagery server has gone down for 24 hours (thanks to everyone who reported this to me). The issue is now fixed and all links should work as well. This also means that people who want to get .7z files from the mirror on Lezard-Visuel.com should right click on the link and "save target as...", like they always did before (it's a known issue).

The second good news of the day is that I finally set up a new (virtual) machine to build AROS. This time is based on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS and I'm getting more and more near to a working compile. This should allow me to make fast cosmetic changes to AROS like I did in the past (primarily to change images and icons, to differently define file associations and so on). I had lost this skill a year ago, when my primary hard drive had died, and my last backup of the old Fedora-8-based build-machine was simply too old and out of sync to be updated, so I reduced my use of the AROS build system just to make Icaros ISOs. I would like to thank all the people who has posted here, for the precious help they are giving to me, and I'm looking forward to the first successful build of the system.

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot