Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Nov 4, 2010

When the magic of wifi meets a wizard

It's quite some time I made my last script for Icaros Desktop (and it was ADF game/demo support to AmiBridge), so I decided to handle my poor shell knowledge again to do something useful. My current target is the recent wi-fi Atheros driver from Neil Cafferkey, which is a little miracle per sé, but for now it's not so much user-friendly to set up. Well, the fear for text configuration file is over: say hello to WiFiWiz, the next addition to Icaros Desktop 1.2.5...



The script acts like a wizard and asks user a few questions: to enter netword SSID (name), what kind of encryption is used (see it in screenshot) and, if the network is password protected, for the current password. Then the user can decide whether to activate wi-fi connection at every boot or not.

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot