Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

May 27, 2010

Daughter of fate

I have a good news (for you) and a bad one (for me, but not necessarily only). The good news is that the long awaited 1.2.2 release of Icaros Desktop will be probably out today or tomorrow, depending on time zones and upload times. The bad news is that I have been forced to release it in the current state, whatever it is, due to the sudden death of my primary PC hard drive, which stored all my valuable current data, the Fedora build environment I use for Icaros Desktop, and so on. Luckily, I had burnt to a physical DVD a recent build of the distribution, so I can release it even if it's not in the optimal state I had dreamt about. You won't get the latest ZuneARC from Yannick (and his latest ports), for instance, nor you will be able to run the nuveau driver on GT9400 cards, due to a bug that has been spottend and corrected the day after. The only alternative would be waiting for my PC to be rebuilt from the ground, which basically means waiting for the new drives to come (no more single hard drive configurations at home! I've already placed an order for two 1.5 TB drives that will be installed as RAID-1), for the OS and all the software to be reinstalled and, above all, for the whole distribution to be re-built. I have some backups, but they are quite old, so I prefer to make a brand new building environment and, after all, I've been already planning for the "revolution" with Icaros 1.3. The incoming update won't be perfect, but it will be good.

PS: just a suggestion. Read the article I theft the image from, and think about it...

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot