Icaros Desktop is a pre-configured AROS desktop environment for the PC platform, distributed on a bootable live media. The AROS Research Operating System is a open source lightweight, efficient and flexible desktop operating system, aiming at being compatible with AmigaOS 3.1 at the API level, while improving on it in many areas.

In Italy we say "un'immagine vale mille parole", an image worths one thousand words, and I frankly couldn't be happier this time: Hitchhikr has posted on AROS-EXEC a new driver for RTL8169 and similar network adapters, which eventually covers also my netbook's one. So now I can do networking with Icaros on my Acer Aspire One, and that's another important piece of the puzzle, before having a complete Icaros mini-laptop. Since I recently got also 1024x600 resolution correctly supported (thanks, Csami) and USB was already working fine, the last thing that I really miss on the netbook is sound. But I'm faithful it will come, a day or another. It would also be good to have wireless connection, but wi-fi requires some more work for AROS developers, and cabled networking is already a great news.