Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Oct 7, 2008

Back to work again

It's almost a month since I updated this website the last time, and I'm happy to announce that at least VmwAROS VE 0.9 is almost complete. So I've decided to freeze the features of the incoming beta of VmwAROS and I'm now trying to spot every bug of it.

First of all, I have found a compatibility issue between AmiStart and many recent AROS nightly builds. I don't know exactly why, but trying to change settings of AmiStart's applications folders, and even creating a new one, leads to a crash of AmiStart itself and an AROS general slowdown. It's like the system get stuck while trying to open the setting window. I noticed this behavior both in sept-27th nightly build and even in the system files I personally compiled from the AROS sources two days ago. Using today's nightly build files, however, fixed the issue.

A second issue I found is related to AutoDocReader. It's nice we finally have it, however the AROS versions seems to have some issues with its GUI. You can find a nice screenshot here. I've already had similar problems with other apps in the past, but I simply forgot how I resolved them. Custom MUI classes are already at their place, so I don't know exactly what to do to fix this. Any help is really appreciated.

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot