Icaros Desktop is a pre-configured AROS desktop environment for the PC platform, distributed on a bootable live media. The AROS Research Operating System is a open source lightweight, efficient and flexible desktop operating system, aiming at being compatible with AmigaOS 3.1 at the API level, while improving on it in many areas.

App icons!

I'm trying to make VmwAROS the more user friendly I can. When using the nightly builds I always feel the lack of a general application icon. Ok, there's the tool one you can view by selecting Show > All files, however I mean a real general application icon, something you can immediately recognize as an executable, and not a generic file.

Here's shat I gained after some pokeing with Photoshop. A new gorilla icon for executables only, which I plan to manually add to any executable which hasn't already an Icon and worths the effort. I think this will help new users a lot, as only old Amigas fellow can imagine that a program is there, but not its icon.